Minty Cocoa Mousse
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + cooling
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup chocolate-covered peppermint candies
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Fresh mint and additional whipped topping, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine cocoa and milk until smooth. Add mints and butter; cook and stir over low heat until smooth. Cool for 15 minutes.
- Stir in 1 cup whipped topping and vanilla. Fold in the remaining whipped topping. Spoon into dessert dishes. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with mint and whipped topping if desired.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 375 calories, 18g fat (15g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 79mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 28, 2011
Good easy meal. I used cool whip for the whipped topping, and junior mints for the candies. I didn't deviate from the recipe and it turned out great, very tasty. It doesn't last long once it's made, as it gets eaten too fast. As a note: 2 of the larger boxes of junior mints get you the cup you need.