Minty Cocoa Mix
Instead of stirring hot chocolate with a candy cane, our home economists add crushed candies right to the mix. It's a mouthwatering, minty delight!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes16 servings (3 cups cocoa mix)
- 2-1/2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT:
- 1 cup hot 2% milk
- Place the milk powder, confectioners' sugar, cocoa and salt in a food processor; cover and process until a fine powder is formed. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in chocolate chips and candies. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 2 months.
- To prepare hot cocoa: Place 3 tablespoons cocoa mix in a mug; pour milk over mix and stir until blended.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 289 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 22mg cholesterol, 298mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 1g fiber), 16g protein.
Originally published as Minty Snowman Soup in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.