Minty Cocoa Mix
Instead of stirring hot chocolate with a candy cane, our home economists add crushed candies right to the mix. It's a mouthwatering, minty delight!
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
Makes16 servings (3 cups cocoa mix)
- 2-1/2 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENT:
- 1 cup hot 2% milk
- Place the milk powder, confectioners' sugar, cocoa and salt in a food processor; cover and process until a fine powder is formed. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in chocolate chips and candies. Store in a cool, dry place for up to 2 months.
- To prepare hot cocoa: Place 3 tablespoons cocoa mix in a mug; pour milk over mix and stir until blended.