If you like chocolate and mint, you'll love the winning flavor of the sweet make-ahead treats shared by Julia Powell from Jerome, Idaho. They're light, fluffy and require just five ingredients.
Recommended: 50 Recipes for Homemade Christmas Candy
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 package (16 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package (9 ounces) chocolate wafers, crushed
- In a bowl, combine the whipped cream, marshmallows, candy and pecans. Cover and chill for 3 hours or overnight. Place wafer crumbs in a shallow dish. Stir marshmallow mixture; shape by 1/2 cupfuls into balls. Roll in crumbs until coated. Chill until serving. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Minty Chocolate Snowballs in Quick Cooking January/February 1999, p44