Minted Sugar Snap Pea Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh sugar snap peas, trimmed and strings removed
- 1/4 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 quarts water to a boil. Add peas; cook, uncovered, 2-3 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Drain and immediately place in ice water. Drain and pat dry. Cut in half crosswise; place in a large bowl. Sprinkle with goat cheese.
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients. Pour over pea mixture; toss to coat.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 197 calories, 12g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 368mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 fat, 2 vegetable.
Sep 2, 2019
When I searched for snow peas with goat cheese recipes this is the one I saw first. As a VFE I was pleased to find this recipe as I trust that all TOH recipes are going to be tasty! I made just a few changes to the recipe using snow peas because that's what we had, a premade honey mustard dressing and crispy onions for some contrast. Perfect end of the summer recipe that paired great with our jerk chicken wings and coconut purple sweet potato raisin salad!