- 1 cup water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chopped fresh mint
- 3/4 teaspoon aniseed
- Pinch salt
- 5 cups cubed watermelon (about 1/2 melon)
- 3 cups cubed cantaloupe (about 1 medium melon)
- 3 cups cubed honeydew (about 1 medium melon)
- 2 cups peach slices (about 2 peaches)
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- In a small saucepan, bring the first six ingredients to a boil. Boil for 2 minutes; remove from the heat. Cover and cool syrup completely. Combine the fruit in a very large bowl; add syrup and stir to coat. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours, stirring occasionally. Drain before serving. Spoon into watermelon bowl or 8-qt. serving bowl. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Reviews forMinted Melon Salad
"These a crowd please, refreshing salad that is perfect to bring out the flavor in the melon, as other reviewers say you can add other fresh ingredients local to your area, or to fit the taste of your family the theme of your gathering."
"Peaches weren't in-season when I made this so instead of water+sugar I just used the (extra-lite) syrup from 2 cans of peaches and it worked great. Also fresh raspberries and blackberries were on sale and blueberries weren't so I went with a mix of all three - nice colors.As for the potluck supper I took this to, there was so much food that every dish had at least a little bit of leftovers... every dish except this one. This was cleaned up quick and received universal praise. Definitely a crowd pleaser that I'll make again."
"Very fresh and light; perfect for a summer afternoon!"
"This makes a wonderful fruit salad. Have made it several times for special occassions."