Minted Lamb ‘n’ Veggie Kabobs
Mint leaves give these lamb kabobs an enticing flavor and aroma. Served with brown rice, the eye-catching meat and vegetable skewers look and taste special enough to dish up for company. —Michael Rose, Grand Prairie, Texas
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + marinating Grill: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small red onion, cut into chunks
- 16 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- Hot cooked brown rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, basil, oregano, pepper, salt and thyme; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the lamb and vegetables with mint leaves.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness and vegetables are tender. Serve with rice.