Minted Lamb 'n' Veggie Kabobs Recipe
Mint leaves give these lamb kabobs an enticing flavor and aroma. Served with brown rice, the eye-catching meat and vegetable skewers look and taste special enough to dish up for company. —Michael Rose, Grand Prairie, Texas
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound boneless leg of lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 small red onion, cut into chunks
- 16 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup fresh mint leaves
- Hot cooked brown rice
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, basil, oregano, pepper, salt and thyme; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. On eight metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the lamb and vegetables with mint leaves.
- 3. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness and vegetables are tender. Serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 305 calories, 17g fat (4g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 365mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 5g fiber), 26g protein.
Reviews for Minted Lamb 'n' Veggie Kabobs
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC