Minted Fresh Fruit Salad
This is a colorful, tasty fruit salad that allows for substitutions like peaches, plums, watermelon, oranges or grapefruit, depending on availability. —Anne Keedy, Lebanon, Connecticut
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
Makes24 servings (3/4 cup each)
- 1 medium cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 1 pound fresh strawberries, halved
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and cubed
- 2 large Granny Smith apples, cubed
- 2 cups seedless red or green grapes
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh mint
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk orange juice, lemon juice, mint and cinnamon. Drizzle over fruit; toss lightly to coat. If desired, top with coconut before serving.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 54 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 3mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fruit.
Originally published as Cinnamon-Mint Fresh Fruit Salad in Taste of Home April/May 2013
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.