Mint Wafers Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into two 8-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerated for 3 hours or until firm.
- 2. Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3. In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread or drizzle cooled cookies. Yield: about 6 dozen.
2 each: 118 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Reviews for Mint Wafers
"This recipe is a totally disappointment BECAUSE there is a white filling and no place in the recipe or instructions does it include the ingredients or how to put this cookie together. "