Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into two 8-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerated for 3 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread or drizzle cooled cookies.
Editor's NoteIf mint chocolate chips are not available, place 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips and 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract in a plastic bag; seal and toss to coat. Allow chips to stand for 24-48 hours.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 118 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Jul 5, 2010
These are a nice lightly minty cookie. I used Giradelli melting chocolate from Sam's Club and drizzled it over the top for a beautiful presentation.
Feb 7, 2009
This recipe is a totally disappointment BECAUSE there is a white filling and no place in the recipe or instructions does it include the ingredients or how to put this cookie together.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.