Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 10 min./batch
Makesabout 6 dozen
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 4 teaspoons shortening
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg extract. Combine flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well. Shape into two 8-in. rolls; wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerated for 3 hours or until firm.
- Unwrap and cut into 1/4-in. slices. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-10 minutes or until the edges begin to brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread or drizzle cooled cookies.
Editor's NoteIf mint chocolate chips are not available, place 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips and 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract in a plastic bag; seal and toss to coat. Allow chips to stand for 24-48 hours.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 118 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 20mg cholesterol, 87mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 5, 2010
These are a nice lightly minty cookie. I used Giradelli melting chocolate from Sam's Club and drizzled it over the top for a beautiful presentation.
Feb 7, 2009
This recipe is a totally disappointment BECAUSE there is a white filling and no place in the recipe or instructions does it include the ingredients or how to put this cookie together.