Mint Twist Meringues Recipe
Light and airy, these delicate meringues give you a refreshing burst of peppermint. I sprinkle them with crushed mint candies and baking cocoa. —Cheryl Perry, Hertford, North Carolina
- 2 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup crushed red and green mint candies
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar and extract on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Pipe or drop by tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Sprinkle with candies.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 40-45 minutes or until set and dry. Turn oven off; leave meringues in oven for 1 hour. Remove to wire rack. Sprinkle with cocoa. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cookie: 17 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Mint Twist Meringues
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC