Mint-Mallow Sandwich Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 drop red food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg white and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to sugar mixture, and mix well.
- Shape into 3/4-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the marshmallow creme, extract and, if desired, food coloring. Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich cookie: 91 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Dec 15, 2012
Had terrible luck with this recipe. Dough never solidified--remained dry and crumbly. Cookies came out hard & with strange texture. I triple-checked the ingredients & instructions and I followed instructions.