Mint-Mallow Sandwich Cookies
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 1 large egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup marshmallow creme
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 drop red food coloring, optional
- In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar until crumbly, about 2 minutes. Beat in egg white and vanilla. Combine the flour, cocoa and baking soda; gradually add to sugar mixture, and mix well.
- Shape into 3/4-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, combine the marshmallow creme, extract and, if desired, food coloring. Spread on the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich cookie: 91 calories, 3g fat (2g saturated fat), 7mg cholesterol, 35mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Dec 15, 2012
Had terrible luck with this recipe. Dough never solidified--remained dry and crumbly. Cookies came out hard & with strange texture. I triple-checked the ingredients & instructions and I followed instructions.