Mint-Mallow Chocolate Cups Recipe
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops red or green food coloring
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons crushed peppermint and/or spearmint candies, divided
- 1. In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Brush evenly on the inside of 18 foil miniature muffin cup liners. Refrigerate until set. Add a second coat of chocolate; chill until set.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, cook and stir marshmallows and milk until marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the extracts, food coloring and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until thickened.
- 3. Carefully peel liners from the chocolate cups and discard. In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in marshmallow mixture and 2 tablespoons crushed candies. Spoon into chocolate cups. Sprinkle with remaining candies. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 89 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Mint-Mallow Chocolate Cups
"Diabetic friendly?!!! It contains chocolate, and not the low sugar variety, and MARSHMALLOWS which are so high in sugar, I use them to treat hypoglycaemia."