Mint-Mallow Chocolate Cups
Total TimePrep: 1 hour + chilling
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 12 large marshmallows
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 3 drops red or green food coloring
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons crushed peppermint and/or spearmint candies, divided
- In a microwave, melt chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Brush evenly on the inside of 18 foil miniature muffin cup liners. Refrigerate until set. Add a second coat of chocolate; chill until set.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, cook and stir marshmallows and milk until marshmallows are melted. Remove from the heat. Stir in the extracts, food coloring and salt. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until thickened.
- Carefully peel liners from the chocolate cups and discard. In a large bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form. Fold in marshmallow mixture and 2 tablespoons crushed candies. Spoon into chocolate cups. Sprinkle with remaining candies. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 89 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Mar 26, 2013
Diabetic friendly?!!! It contains chocolate, and not the low sugar variety, and MARSHMALLOWS which are so high in sugar, I use them to treat hypoglycaemia.
Jan 28, 2012
The chocolate gets soft pretty quick when out of the refrigerator.
Dec 3, 2009
These are amazing and so easy! They're very refreshing after a big dinner when you don't want a heavy dessert. You HAVE TO use the foil cups though... trust me on this one! ;)