Mint Ice Cream Torte Recipe
Wouldn't it be great to have an impressive dessert on hand for unexpected company over the Christmas season? Try our Test Kitchen's recipe for a from-the-freezer favorite!
- 20 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 10 mint Andes candies, melted
- 1/2 gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream, divided
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press half of the mixture into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Spread melted candies over crust. Top with half of the ice cream.
- 2. Place 1/4 cup hot fudge topping in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving. In another bowl, combine remaining topping and crumb mixture; spread over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- 3. Top with remaining ice cream. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight until firm. Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Warm reserved fudge topping and use to garnish torte. Yield: 12 servings.
1 slice: 462 calories, 24g fat (13g saturated fat), 44mg cholesterol, 245mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Mint Ice Cream Torte
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC