Wouldn't it be great to have an impressive dessert on hand for unexpected company over the Christmas season? Try our Test Kitchen's recipe for a from-the-freezer favorite!
Recommended: 34 Easy Cake Decorating Ideas
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 20 Oreo cookies, crushed
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 10 mint Andes candies, melted
- 1/2 gallon mint chocolate chip ice cream, divided
- 1 jar (11-3/4 ounces) hot fudge ice cream topping
- In a small bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. Press half of the mixture into a greased 9-in. springform pan. Spread melted candies over crust. Top with half of the ice cream.
- Place 1/4 cup hot fudge topping in a small bowl; cover and refrigerate until serving. In another bowl, combine remaining topping and crumb mixture; spread over ice cream. Cover and freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
- Top with remaining ice cream. Cover and freeze for 8 hours or overnight until firm. Remove from the freezer 5 minutes before serving. Warm reserved fudge topping and use to garnish torte. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Mint Ice Cream Torte in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p71