I grow fresh peppermint in my garden. I often use it for tea, julips and sauces for roast lamb. I also made this wonderful recipe for get-togethers with friends and family.—Dorothy Pritchett, Wills Point, Texas
Total TimePrep: Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh mint
- 1 medium apple, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium banana, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 6 to 8 fresh whole strawberries
- 1 cup cubed pound cake
- In a saucepan, combine cornstarch and orange juice; stir until smooth. Add mint; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Strain; pour into a small fondue pot or chafing dish. Keep warm over low heat. Serve with fruit and cake for dipping.
Originally published as Mint Fondue in Birds & Blooms June/July 1998
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.