Mint-Cream Fruit Topping
For a different spin on a typical fruit salad, try this creamy mint sauce from Diane Hixon of Niceville, Florida. It’s delicious dolloped on orange slices and other fresh fruit. TIP: “In summer, it’s very refreshing served over melon, strawberries and red and green grapes,” Diane notes.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh mint
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 medium star fruit, sliced
- 3 large navel oranges, peeled and sliced
- 3 large kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, combine the sour cream, confectioners' sugar, mint and cardamom. Chill for at least 30 minutes. Just before serving, arrange star fruit, oranges and kiwi on salad plates or a serving platter; sprinkle with cranberries and dollop with cream topping.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 136 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 16mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Mint Cream Dressing in Quick Cooking November/December 2005