- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 package chocolate fudge cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 4 cups (24 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- In a large bowl, beat egg, water and oil until blended. Gradually beat in cake mix and flour.
- Divide dough in half. Shape each into a disk; wrap in plastic. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm enough to roll.
- Preheat oven to 350°. On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 1-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Place 1 in. apart on greased baking sheets.
- Bake 8-10 minutes or until firm. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over hot water, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Stir in extract. Spread cookies with chocolate mixture. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Decorate with sprinkles. Refrigerate until set. Yield: 10 dozen.
Reviews forMint Chocolate Wafers
"The cookies were good, although too soft for my taste."
"I enjoyed making this with my kids! They were tasty."