Mint-Chocolate Ice Cream Cake
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) individual cream-filled chocolate cakes
- 3 cups mint chocolate chip ice cream, softened
- 12 Oreo cookies, crushed, divided
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1/2 teaspoon mint extract, optional
- Line a 9x5-in. loaf pan with plastic wrap. Place six chocolate cakes in pan, completely covering the bottom. Spread ice cream over cakes; sprinkle with half of the cookie crumbs. Press remaining cakes on top. Cover and freeze for at least 3 hours.
- Just before serving, remove from the freezer and invert onto a serving plate. Remove pan and plastic wrap.
- Combine whipped topping and extract if desired; frost top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.
Jul 26, 2014
Couldn't find Suzy Q's. Used Voortman cookies and cream wafer cookies instead. One 12.3 ounce did the trick. Had 3 layers of cookies and ended with ice cream. Also, used Bryer's brand mint chocolate chip ice cream, and pretty much used it all. My husband suggested slicing with an electric knife, so will try that next time.
Sep 3, 2013
Hostess is no longer making Suzy Q's but you can substitute Little Debbie Devil Dogs. This recipe reminded me of Bob's Big Boy Ice Cream Cake. I made some changes: used vanilla ice cream (twice what the recipe called for), and instead of frosting it with whip cream topped individual servings with hot fudge and whip cream on top (eliminating the Oreo topping). This was wonderful!
Mar 3, 2013
never heard of SuzyQ.Please be more specific with your recipes
Jul 14, 2012
what are susy,Qs
Oct 10, 2011
The first time I had this, my mom made it and everyone loved it, I decided to treat my boyfriend to one only where I live we have very limited stores and couldn't find the suzy q's but was able to find the Little Debbie's Devil Dogs, so I made it with them. My boyfriend loved it and it made a good substitution!! Will definately make again!!
Apr 12, 2011
This was so easy to make and everyone loved it. Will definitely make again!
Jul 8, 2010
Oh I love suzy q's, and this recipe showcases them perfectly. I am from Ohio and they go pretty fast here. Can't wait to try some variations. Thanks for a great recipe!
Jul 7, 2010
Ice cream sandwiches and Kaluah flavored cool whip are better!
Jul 7, 2010
IT looks so good Im going to eat my laptop!
May 28, 2010
You find Suzy Q's in New England. I have never found them anywhere else. I have them once a year when we go for a visit.