- 1 teaspoon plus 3 tablespoons shortening, divided
- 1 package (10 ounces) Andes creme de menthe baking chips
- 2 cups white baking chips
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- Line a 13x9-in. pan with foil; grease foil with 1 teaspoon shortening.
- In a microwave, melt Andes baking chips and 1 tablespoon shortening; stir until smooth. Pour into prepared pan. Refrigerate 10 minutes or until set.
- In top of a double boiler or a metal bowl over barely simmering water, melt baking chips with remaining shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over chocolate layer; sprinkle with crushed candies. Cool. Refrigerate 2 hours or until firm.
- Break into small pieces. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 1-1/2 pounds.
Reviews forMint Chocolate Bark
"With Christmas just days away, I prepared this for goodie bags. OMGosh! This may not even get to a goodie bag, it is so good. Definitely a 5-star winner. Both hubby and I cannot keep our hands out of it. This truly tastes like it came from a famous candy shop. I highly recommend this recipe.Volunteer Field Editor."