Mint Chip Cheese Balls
A friend brought these cheese balls as a hostess gift to our Christmas open house. They instantly caught the fancy of my family. It's like having an appetizer for dessert.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling
Makes4 cheese balls (1-1/4 cups each)
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups finely chopped pecans
- 1 package (11-1/2 ounces) milk chocolate chips, finely chopped
- 36 starlight mints, crushed
- Red and green sprinkles, optional
- Chocolate wafers
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; add the pecans, chocolate chips and crushed mints. Divide into four portions. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour or until firm. Shape each portion into a ball; roll in red and green sprinkles if desired. Serve with chocolate wafers. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts2 tablespoons: 120 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Mint Chip Cheese Balls in Country Woman Christmas 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.