"Because you start with a store-bought cookie mix, it takes no time at all to make these minty treats," says Christina Hitchcook of Blakely, Pennsylvania. She usually drizzles melted chocolate chips over the cookie tops, but pink candy coating looks lovely for Valentine's Day.
Recommended: 30 Recipes for Valentine's Day Cookies
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 40 to 45 mint Andes candies
- 6 ounces pink candy coating disks
- Heart-shaped decorating sprinkles, optional
- Prepare the cookie dough according to package directions. Cover and chill for 15-20 minutes or until easy to handle.
- Pat a scant tablespoonful of dough in a thin layer around each mint candy. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 7-9 minutes or until set. Cool for 1 minute before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt candy coating; stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies. Top with decorating sprinkles if desired. Yield: about 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Mint Candy Cookies in Quick Cooking January/February 2003, p37