- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or apple pie filling
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Place pie filling in a slow cooker. Combine dry cake mix and butter (mixture will be crumbly); sprinkle over filling. Sprinkle with walnuts if desired. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours. Serve in bowls. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forMinister's Delight
"Has been one of our favorites for many years! I use 2 CANS pie filling, we like blueberry or apple. Sprinkle each can layer generously with cinnamon, then top with the cake mix/butter mixture, then with either walnuts or pecans. Cook in 3-1/2 Qt slow cooker for 3 hours on Low. easy and very tasty! -Lori in WI"
"I have varied tastes to provide for, so I used two different kinds of pie filling. I made a "pan divider" out of folded tin foil to split my 9 x 13" pan in half. I poured a can of blueberry on one side, and a can of cherry pie filling on the other. After I added my cake mix crumbs, I removed the divider and baked at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Everyone's happy! It IS sweet, but my husband has a (very) sweet tooth - and he liked it."
"Made the recipe in a 3 quart with 2 cans of filling, cooked almost 3 hours but still looked "raw". Next time I will make it with enough time to use a backup."
"Also need 3 hours on low, not 2 hours."