- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry or apple pie filling
- 1 package (18-1/4 ounces) yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Place pie filling in a slow cooker. Combine dry cake mix and butter (mixture will be crumbly); sprinkle over filling. Sprinkle with walnuts if desired. Cover and cook on low for 2-3 hours. Serve in bowls. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews forMinister's Delight
"I have varied tastes to provide for, so I used two different kinds of pie filling. I made a "pan divider" out of folded tin foil to split my 9 x 13" pan in half. I poured a can of blueberry on one side, and a can of cherry pie filling on the other. After I added my cake mix crumbs, I removed the divider and baked at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Everyone's happy! It IS sweet, but my husband has a (very) sweet tooth - and he liked it."
"Made the recipe in a 3 quart with 2 cans of filling, cooked almost 3 hours but still looked "raw". Next time I will make it with enough time to use a backup."
"Also need 3 hours on low, not 2 hours."
"Have never made this "cobbler" in the crock pot but it comes out great baked in the oven. I use a 13x9x2 baking dish at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly. I've used several different flavors of pie filling and cake mixes and they all come out with equal success. You can reduce the amount of butter to cut back on the fat and calories also. This is such a comforting dessert to warm the soul."