Miniature Ham Loaf
Shredded carrots add color and flavor to this downsized ham loaf from Carol Dunne of Middle Village, New York. A buttery glaze and slices of pineapples put the finishing touches on this satisfying entree.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 large egg
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/2 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened sliced pineapple
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a small bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble ham over mixture and mix well. Shape into a loaf and place in a greased baking dish. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, drain pineapple, reserving juice; set pineapple aside. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, cornstarch and reserved juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, about 1 minute. Stir in butter and lemon juice.
- Brush over ham loaf; top with three pineapple slices. (Save remaining pineapple for another use.) Bake until a thermometer reads 160°, 10-15 minutes longer. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.