- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces almond paste, crumbled
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 4 to 5 teaspoons milk
- Maraschino cherry halves (about 48)
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese. Add flour; mix well. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in ungreased miniature muffin cups; press into the bottom and up the sides to form a shell. For filling, combine almond paste, eggs and sugar in a mixing bowl. Beat on low speed until blended. Fill each shell with about 1-1/2 teaspoons filling.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely. For frosting, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Pipe or spread over tarts. Top each with a cherry half. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews forMiniature Almond Tarts
"I make these every Christmas for my traditional dutch family! They don't sit around long! The only thing I change is I use candied cherries instead of maraschino. They taste the same but they are less juicy and don't slide off the tops."