- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 6 ounces almond paste, crumbled
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 4 to 5 teaspoons milk
- Maraschino cherry halves (about 48)
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese until smooth. Gradually add flour until well blended. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Shape into 1-in. balls. Place in ungreased miniature muffin cups; press onto the bottom and up the sides to form a shell.
- For filling, in a small bowl, beat the almond paste, eggs and sugar until blended. Fill each shell with about 1-1/2 teaspoons filling.
- Bake at 325° for 25-30 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter and enough milk to achieve desired consistency. Pipe or spread over tarts. Top each with a cherry half. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Reviews forMiniature Almond Tarts
"I make these every Christmas for my traditional dutch family! They don't sit around long! The only thing I change is I use candied cherries instead of maraschino. They taste the same but they are less juicy and don't slide off the tops."