VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 large zucchini (about 11 ounces), cut diagonally into 1/4 inch-slices
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup miniature pepperoni slices
- Minced fresh basil
- Preheat broiler. Arrange zucchini in a single layer on a greased baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from heat just until crisp-tender, 1-2 minutes per side.
- Sprinkle zucchini with salt and pepper; top with sauce, cheese and pepperoni. Broil until cheese is melted, about 1 minute. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Mini Zucchini Pizzas in Simple & Delicious August/September 2017