Mini White Breads Recipe
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/3 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 2-1/4 to 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 teaspoons butter or margarine, melted
- Additional melted butter or margarine
- 1. Combine yeast, sugar and water in a large mixing bowl. Add 1-1/2 cups of flour, salt, milk and butter. Mix for 3 minutes on medium speed. Add enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured board; knead until smooth and elastic, 6-8 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes. Punch dough down. Divide in half; shape into two loaves and place in greased 5-3/8-in. x 3-1/8-in. x 2-1/4-in. pans. cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes. Bake at 375° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans; cool on wire racks. Brush tops with melted butter. Yield: 2 mini loaves.
1 slice: 69 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 135mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch.
Reviews for Mini White Breads
"Wow, what a great, easy recipe. Excellent results using my Kitchen Aid mixer. Baked up perfect. Nice crust with no fuss!"
"Neither my mother nor I liked this at all. I followed the recipe completely and it was too dry and looked nothing like the picture. What a waste of ingredients.."
"This recipe is great to make for single people. I give the second loaf to my elderly mother who absolutely loves it."
"We're not big bread eaters in our house, so these small loaves are perfect for us on the rare occasions we do have bread with our meal. Like the small loaves served at restaurants, one loaf is just enough for one meal and we don't have a big loaf of bread left over. The recipe is easy to make and the bread freezes well if you don't use both loaves right away."