- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons spaghetti sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, onion, red pepper, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, oats and seasonings. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
- Coat six jumbo muffin cups with cooking spray; fill with turkey mixture. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes; drain.
- Top each loaf with 1 tablespoon spaghetti sauce, 2 teaspoons mozzarella cheese and 1/2 teaspoon Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165° and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forMini Turkey Meat Loaves
"I made these a couple of nights ago for my husband and I. I did alter the recipe just a bit by using a bit less mozzarella and egg whites instead of a whole egg. I also sauteed the onion and red pepper prior to mixing it into the meatloaf. We really enjoyed the Italian twist to these and I will absolutely make them again!"
"This is a great recipe. I made it exactly as written and it was terrific. The "loaves" were the perfect size, too."