Mini Turkey Meat Loaves
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons spaghetti sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, onion, red pepper, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, oats and seasonings. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
- Coat six jumbo muffin cups with cooking spray; fill with turkey mixture. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes; drain.
- Top each loaf with 1 tablespoon spaghetti sauce, 2 teaspoons mozzarella cheese and 1/2 teaspoon Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165° and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 210 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Jul 27, 2015
Made these for dinner tonight. I made a few changes, using very lean ground turkey breast, tomato sauce with Italian herbs and a little less than 3 tblsp. of the quick cooking oats. They turned out very good, but needed more salt. Will definitely make again.
May 16, 2010
I made these a couple of nights ago for my husband and I. I did alter the recipe just a bit by using a bit less mozzarella and egg whites instead of a whole egg. I also sauteed the onion and red pepper prior to mixing it into the meatloaf. We really enjoyed the Italian twist to these and I will absolutely make them again!
Feb 19, 2010
This is a great recipe. I made it exactly as written and it was terrific. The "loaves" were the perfect size, too.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.