Mini Turkey Meat Loaves
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup plus 6 tablespoons spaghetti sauce, divided
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, onion, red pepper, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, oats and seasonings. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well.
- Coat 6 jumbo muffin cups with cooking spray; fill with turkey mixture. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes; drain.
- Top each loaf with 1 tablespoon spaghetti sauce, 2 teaspoons mozzarella cheese and 1/2 teaspoon Parmesan cheese. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 165° and cheese is melted. Let stand for 5 minutes before removing from pan.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 210 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 105mg cholesterol, 447mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Jul 27, 2015
Made these for dinner tonight. I made a few changes, using very lean ground turkey breast, tomato sauce with Italian herbs and a little less than 3 tblsp. of the quick cooking oats. They turned out very good, but needed more salt. Will definitely make again.
May 16, 2010
I made these a couple of nights ago for my husband and I. I did alter the recipe just a bit by using a bit less mozzarella and egg whites instead of a whole egg. I also sauteed the onion and red pepper prior to mixing it into the meatloaf. We really enjoyed the Italian twist to these and I will absolutely make them again!
Feb 19, 2010
This is a great recipe. I made it exactly as written and it was terrific. The "loaves" were the perfect size, too.