I CAN whip up this dish in a hurry, and it's perfect for a light supper or luncheon for two. I always have a can of tuna on my pantry shelf, and when I prepare it, I feel I've served us a healthy, nutritious meal. -Rebecca Reese, Jacksboro, Texas
Recommended: 65 of Our Favorite Casserole Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1 cup crushed potato chips, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, saute onions in butter. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the tuna, 1/2 cup of potato chips and pepper.
- Pour into two greased 8-oz. baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining potato chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Mini Tuna Casseroles in Reminisce Extra June 2000, p45
Reviews forMini Tuna Casseroles
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 30, 2011
"So quick!! I added a little more butter and flour, and put slivered almonds and a few mushrooms in it."
Reviewed Jan. 22, 2010