Mini Tuna Casseroles
I CAN whip up this dish in a hurry, and it's perfect for a light supper or luncheon for two. I always have a can of tuna on my pantry shelf, and when I prepare it, I feel I've served us a healthy, nutritious meal. -Rebecca Reese, Jacksboro, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1 cup crushed potato chips, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, saute onions in butter. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the tuna, 1/2 cup of potato chips and pepper.
- Pour into two greased 8-oz. baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining potato chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 442 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 619mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Mini Tuna Casseroles in Reminisce Extra June 2000