Mini Tuna Casseroles
I CAN whip up this dish in a hurry, and it's perfect for a light supper or luncheon for two. I always have a can of tuna on my pantry shelf, and when I prepare it, I feel I've served us a healthy, nutritious meal. -Rebecca Reese, Jacksboro, Texas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 can (6 ounces) tuna, drained
- 1 cup crushed potato chips, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a saucepan, saute onions in butter. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the tuna, 1/2 cup of potato chips and pepper.
- Pour into two greased 8-oz. baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining potato chips. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 442 calories, 25g fat (12g saturated fat), 69mg cholesterol, 619mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Originally published as Mini Tuna Casseroles in Reminisce Extra June 2000
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.