VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh basil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces)
- 8 ounces Brie cheese, thinly sliced
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- In a small bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, basil and 1/8 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Cut baguette in half horizontally. Spread cream cheese mixture over baguette bottom. Layer with Brie cheese and tomato slices. Sprinkle with remaining salt and pepper. Replace top. Cut into four slices. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mini Tomato Sandwiches in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p194