Preparing the pulled turkey in a delicious teriyaki sauce for these snack-size sandwiches is a breeze using a slow cooker. Serving them on lightly-toasted sweet dinner rolls is perfection made easy.—Amanda Hoop, Seaman, Ohio
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 boneless skinless turkey breast halves (2 pounds each)
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 20 Hawaiian sweet rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place turkey in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic, ginger and pepper; pour over turkey. Cook, covered, on low 5-6 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove turkey from slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch and cold water until smooth; gradually stir into cooking liquid. When cool enough to handle, shred meat with two forks and return meat to slow cooker. Cook, covered, on high 30-35 minutes or until sauce is thickened.
- Preheat oven to 325°. Split rolls and brush cut sides with butter; place on an ungreased baking sheet, cut side up. Bake 8-10 minutes or until toasted and golden brown. Spoon 1/3 cup turkey mixture on roll bottoms. Replace tops. Yield: 20 servings.
Originally published as Mini Teriyaki Turkey Sandwiches in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2014, p87
Reviews forMini Teriyaki Turkey Sandwiches
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 1, 2018
"disappointing, just not much flavor, good idea but will not make again"