Mini Sweet Potato Muffins
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, beaten
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- In a large bowl, combine the first 9 ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sweet potatoes, water, oil and applesauce. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat mini-muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full. For streusel, combine the baking mix, oats and sugars; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in ginger. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 51 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Oct 8, 2013
We love these!
Oct 25, 2011
Made this for my kids and hubby and they all liked them...ssshhh - I didn't tell them they had sweet potato in them :-)
Sep 29, 2010
Everyone loved this muffin-in fact I'll be sharing it w/ my exercise group-it's an easy recipe and oh so good!