Mini Sweet Potato Muffins
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup mashed sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tablespoons biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons cold butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped crystallized ginger
- In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients. In another bowl, combine the eggs, potatoes, water, oil and applesauce. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Coat miniature muffin cups with cooking spray or use paper liners; fill two-thirds full. For streusel, combine the baking mix, oats and sugars; cut in butter until crumbly. Stir in ginger. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 muffin: 51 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 45mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Oct 8, 2013
We love these!
Oct 25, 2011
Made this for my kids and hubby and they all liked them...ssshhh - I didn't tell them they had sweet potato in them :-)
Sep 29, 2010
Everyone loved this muffin-in fact I'll be sharing it w/ my exercise group-it's an easy recipe and oh so good!