Mini Sweet Potato Casserole
"Orange peel, cinnamon and coconut season this delightfully different potato dish," says field editor Bob Breno of Strongsville, Ohio. "Since it's tasty and nutritious, it's one of my favorite holiday recipes for two."
Total TimePrep: 35 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons sweetened shredded coconut
- Place the sweet potato in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 30-40 minutes or just until tender. Drain; cool slightly and peel. Place in a bowl; mash. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter, raisins, orange zest, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-cup baking dish. Toss coconut with remaining butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts1/2 cup: 203 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (11g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as Mini Sweet Potato Casserole in Taste of Home December/January 2001
Nov 21, 2010
We thought it had WAY Too Much orange zest and the raisins were just weird. We won't make this again.
Nov 19, 2009
Great fresh seasonings make this a delightefully tasty dish.