- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted, divided
- 1 tablespoon raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash ground nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons flaked coconut
- Place the sweet potato in a saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or just until tender; drain. When cool enough to handle, peel sweet potato and place in a bowl; mash. Stir in 1 tablespoon butter, raisins, orange peel, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg. Transfer to a greased 1-1/2-cup baking dish. Toss coconut with remaining butter; sprinkle over the top. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews forMini Sweet Potato Casserole
"We thought it had WAY Too Much orange zest and the raisins were just weird. We won't make this again."
"Great fresh seasonings make this a delightefully tasty dish."