Mini Sausage Pizzas Recipe
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll sausage
- 2 jars (5 ounces each) sharp American cheese spread
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 English muffins, split
- 1. In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain well. In a small mixing bowl, beat the cheese, butter and pepper. Stir in the sausage. Spread on cut sides of muffins.
- 2. Wrap individually and freeze for up to 2 months. Or place on a baking sheet and bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. To use frozen pizzas: Unwrap and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 2 dozen.
2 each: 277 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 650mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Reviews for Mini Sausage Pizzas
"We made these right before a family excursion that we knew we would be having to have breakfast on the go. They were really easy to assemble and took just a little time to cook from the freezer. They also were perfect for the car, and since we used whole wheat English muffins and turkey breakfast sausage, a whole lot healthier than a fast food breakfast option. Plus the recipe makes a bunch, so we have a lot in the freezer for busy mornings."
"I tried this recipe and made it for a few of our friends. It was not only great, but very easy to make, freeze and serve at a monent's notice. Every time I made it, I alwasy recieve compliments! I also did made a slight variation of this recipe and added Chorizo to my sausage. It was "over the top wonderful" !!!"