Mini Sausage Pizzas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing Bake: 10 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 2 jars (5 ounces each) sharp American cheese spread
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 12 English muffins, split
- In a large skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain well. In a small bowl, beat the cheese, butter and pepper until blended. Stir in the sausage. Spread on cut sides of muffins.
- Wrap individually and freeze for up to 2 months, or place on a baking sheet and bake at 425° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- To use frozen pizzas: Unwrap and place on a baking sheet. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 277 calories, 15g fat (7g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 650mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 9g protein.
Jun 9, 2013
We made these right before a family excursion that we knew we would be having to have breakfast on the go. They were really easy to assemble and took just a little time to cook from the freezer. They also were perfect for the car, and since we used whole wheat English muffins and turkey breakfast sausage, a whole lot healthier than a fast food breakfast option. Plus the recipe makes a bunch, so we have a lot in the freezer for busy mornings.
Dec 19, 2010
I tried this recipe and made it for a few of our friends. It was not only great, but very easy to make, freeze and serve at a monent's notice. Every time I made it, I alwasy recieve compliments! I also did made a slight variation of this recipe and added Chorizo to my sausage. It was "over the top wonderful" !!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.