The simple ingredients and family-friendly flavor of these little sausage cups make them a go-to dinner favorite. And everyone gets their own pies—which makes them even better! —Kerry Dingwall, Ponte Vedra, Florida
Recommended: 26 Muffin Cup Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 1 pound Jones No Sugar Pork Sausage Roll
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°. On a lightly floured surface, unfold pastry sheets; roll each into a 16x12-in. rectangle. Using a floured cutter, cut twelve 4-in. circles from one sheet; press onto bottom and up sides of ungreased muffin cups. Using a floured cutter, cut twelve 3-1/2-in. circles from remaining sheet.
- Mix sausage, green onions, apricots and spices lightly but thoroughly. Place 1/4 cup mixture into each pastry cup. Brush edges of pastry circles with egg; place over pies, pressing edges to seal. Brush with egg. Cut slits in top.
Bake until golden brown and a thermometer inserted in filling reads 160°, 30-35 minutes. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Freeze option: Cool baked pies and freeze in freezer containers. To use, partially thaw pies in refrigerator overnight. Reheat on a baking sheet in a preheated 350° oven until heated through, 14-17 minutes. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Mini Sausage Pies in Simple & Delicious August/September 2017