Mini Sausage Lasagna
The home economists in our Test Kitchen created this tasty mini lasagna. It strikes a perfect balance between cheese and tomato flavors.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 2 Italian sausage links (about 1/2 pound), casings removed
- 1-1/2 cups spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon each dried thyme, parsley flakes, basil and rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- Cut 3 noodles widthwise in halt. Cut remaining noodle widthwise into thirds. Crumble sausage into a skillet; cook over medium heat until no longer pink. Drain. Stir in spaghetti sauce; set aside. In a bowl, combine the ricotta, egg, Parmesan and seasonings; set aside.
- Spread 3 tablespoons meat sauce in a shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Top with two large noodle pieces and one small piece. Layer with half of the ricotta cheese mixture and 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers once, starting with sauce. Top with remaining noodles, meat sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 375° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 631 calories, 36g fat (17g saturated fat), 168mg cholesterol, 1223mg sodium, 45g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 5g fiber), 33g protein.
Originally published as Mini Sausage Lasagna in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook