Mini Sausage Frittatas
These are perfect for breakfast or brunch. While my gal pals love the spicy kick in hot sausage, I like using sage-flavored sausage and substituting Parmesan for cheddar. —Courtney Wright, Birmingham, AL
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 6 large egg whites
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large skillet, cook sausage and onion over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until sausage is no longer pink and onion is tender, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain.
- In a large bowl, whisk egg whites, eggs, milk and pepper; stir in sausage mixture and cheese. Fill greased muffin cups almost full; sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.