These miniature trifles are so fun for fall holiday parties! The assembly takes a little longer than making one big trifle, but it's worth it to see everyone's reaction to getting their own! —Rhiannon Brownell, Newport News, Virginia
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 large eggs
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- Additional ground cinnamon, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°. Whisk together the first eight ingredients. In another bowl, beat pumpkin, sugar and oil until smooth; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Gradually add flour mixture; beat until well blended.
- Pour batter into a greased and parchment lined 9-in. square baking pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes on a wire rack. Remove from pan; cool completely on wire rack.
- For filling, beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla until blended. Gradually beat in confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- To assemble, cut cake into 1/2-in. cubes. In juice glasses or small parfait glasses, alternate layers of cake and filling, ending with filling. If desired, sprinkle with additional cinnamon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Mini Pumpkin Spice Trifles in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2018