Mini Pumpkin Cakes Recipe
- 1 package spice cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- ORANGE GLAZE:
- 7-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring
- Red and yellow food coloring
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- Green food coloring
- 4 Tootsie Rolls (2-1/4 ounces and 6 inches each), cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in walnuts. Spoon 1/2 cupfuls into 12 greased miniature fluted tube pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the confectioners' sugar, water and maple flavoring until smooth. Tint orange with red and yellow food coloring. Place wire racks with cakes over waxed paper. Spoon half of the glaze evenly over tops and sides of cakes, letting excess drip off. Let stand until glaze is set. Repeat with remaining glaze.
- 3. In a small bowl, beat confectioners' sugar and water until smooth; tint green. Cut a small hole in the corner of a pastry or plastic bag; insert a #4 round pastry tip. Fill bag with green frosting. Pipe vines on the pumpkins. For stem, insert a Tootsie Roll piece in the center of each pumpkin. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 813 calories, 21g fat (4g saturated fat), 84mg cholesterol, 481mg sodium, 152g carbohydrate (127g sugars, 2g fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Mini Pumpkin Cakes
"These are delicious! I added 1/2 c. raisins and 1/2 c. chopped pecans in place of walnuts. I baked them in regular sized muffin pans and had enough batter for one and a half dozen. For the glaze, I poured about two tablespoons of maple syrup into a half container of pre-made vanilla frosting. easy and delicious! A big hit!"
"We omitted the walnuts because it was going to school but it was devoured by one and all."
"Made this to use my new mini bundt pan and they turned out fantastic. Took them to work and everyone loved them."