Mini Pumpkin Cakes with Praline Sauce
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min + cooling
Makes6 loaves (3 slices each)
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cups canned pumpkin
- 4 large Nellie’s Free Range Eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- PRALINE SAUCE:
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In another bowl, beat the pumpkin, eggs, sugar, oil and butter until well blended. Gradually stir into dry ingredients just until blended.
- Transfer to six greased and floured 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and cream. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Pour over cakes; top with pecans.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 399 calories, 21g fat (7g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 284mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein.
Nov 3, 2017
I have been making this for years. It's great with the praline sauce but I find it doesn't need it and top with a bit of sifted powdered sugar upon serving. I double the spices and remove a 1/2 cup of pumpkin for applesauce instead. Also, needs a lot more baking time! My thick loaves go about 50 minutes. It's a great and easy recipe and usually when I make it I double the whole recipe. It keeps FOREVER.
Oct 20, 2013
Yummy!! Very easy to make. However it did require more baking time between 35-40 minutes. The sauce was awesome on the bread. Glad I have 4 more to eat!!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.