Mini Poppy Seed Loaves
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- In a bowl, combine the flour, sugar, poppy seeds, zest and baking soda. Combine remaining ingredients; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon into three greased 5-3/4x3x2-in. loaf pans.
- Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 190 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 120mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 6, 2010
I was looking for a recipe that made a moist muffin with great flavour, and this was it! So good, especially fresh, and the almond really adds to the taste. My new favourite muffin! I may play with the basic recipe and add different flavours.