Mini Polenta Pizzas
With just four ingredients you can be the talk of the party! These tasty bites are special enough for a fancy gathering and no one will know they're healthy! They are shown with Goat Cheese, Pear & Onion Pizza (recipe also on Recipe Finder). Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 tubes (1 pound each) polenta
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 12 oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup prepared pesto
- Cut polenta into 24 slices; place on ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Top each with a tomato half and 1/2 teaspoon pesto; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake at 450° for 7-10 minutes or until cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 57 calories, 2g fat (1g saturated fat), 2mg cholesterol, 182mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Polenta Mini Pizzas with Pesto and Sun-Dried Tomatoes in Healthy Cooking October/November 2008