Mini Peppermint Coffee Cakes
I like these cute little muffins because they're easy to prepare and are wonderful as little snacks or gifts during the holidays. They're a little different from your typical Christmas cookie, and they're great for a festive breakfast, too. —Ethel Lambert, Baltimore, Maryland
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. + cooling
- 1 package funfetti cake mix (regular size)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candies
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup pecan halves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 20 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, water, sour cream, butter and eggs; beat on low speed 30 seconds. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Stir in peppermint candies. Fill prepared cups three-fourths full. In a small bowl, combine sugar, pecans and cinnamon; sprinkle over tops.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 15-18 minutes. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
Nutrition Facts1 mini coffee cake: 183 calories, 8g fat (4g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 212mg sodium, 27g carbohydrate (17g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Mini Peppermint Candy Coffee Cake in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2019
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.