Mini Pepper Corn Muffins
Mini Pepper Corn Muffins, from Lucy Fouts of Jacksonville, Texas, make a cute accompaniment to almost any meal. These golden bite-size gems are enhanced by flecks of red and green pepper.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
Makesabout 2 dozen
- 2 tablespoons each diced sweet red and green pepper
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons cornmeal
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a small skillet, saute peppers in oil for 5 minutes or until tender; cool slightly. In a bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, buttermilk, butter and peppers until blended. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined miniature muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 425° for 6-9 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Nutrition Facts3 each: 117 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 206mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Originally published as Mini Pepper Corn Muffins in Taste of Home April/May 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.