Mini Peach Pie
Peach pie is so delicious but sometimes it is too big to make for a couple of people. This recipe has all that wonderful flavor but it is smaller and will be gone in no time!—Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon quick-cooking tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash ground cloves
- 3 cups frozen unsweetened sliced peaches, thawed
- 1 refrigerated pie pastry
- 1 large egg white, beaten
- 1 teaspoon coarse sugar
- Additional ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, tapioca, cinnamon, orange zest, salt and cloves. Add peaches; toss gently to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Cut pastry sheet in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out one half into an 8-in. circle. Transfer to a 7-in. pie plate; trim pastry even with edge. Add filling.
- Roll out remaining pastry to fit top of pie. Place over filling. Trim, seal and flute edges. Cut slits in pastry. Brush with egg white; sprinkle with coarse sugar and additional cinnamon.
- Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until crust is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack.